Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Bullying Survey Results!

For the past week I have been taking a survey about bullying and how it is a serious issue. Here are the results:

1. I have been the victim of bullying sometime this year.
agree: 4
disagree: 4

2. I have bullied someone this year.
agree: 1
disagree: 7

3. I have witnessed someone else being bullied this year.
agree: 6
disagree: 2

4. What do witnesses or bystanders usually do when they see someone being bullied?
- stand there and do nothing
- nothing (2)
- laugh, walk away, and don't stop it
- walk away and pretend it never affected them
- talk to other people and ignore it
- name calling

5. Bullying is a problem at our school.
agree: 4
disagree: 4

I think that bullying is a HUGE problem. In my opinion, I think that it is an issue at every school. I have not been bullied myself so I do not know what it is like, but I have seen people being bullied and it just about breaks my heart when I see it happen. I know that I will do my best to stand up for the victim and I pray that others will also.

"Thou shalt not be a victim, thou shalt not be a perpetrator, but, above all, thou shalt not be a bystander." - Yehuda Bauer

A bystander is somebody who watches something such as bullying happen and does nothing. If you are a bystander you have the power to change the situation. The problem is that most people don't. If we would do so much as even stand up for one person, we would make the world of a difference. A lot would be changed if us as bystanders would stand up. At our school, I have not seen a lot of bullying happen, but if we start standing up for the victims, then we will be able to say that we see no bullying happen. I am sure that is something that we all want to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment