Saturday, July 27, 2013

One of those days...

I think we've all had "one of those days" at some point or another. I know I sure have. Actually, in the past 2 weeks I have had many of those days. Nothing seems to go right, you have a seemingly impossible amount to do, you are getting upset over the littlest things that usually don't bother you.

We went back to school 2 week ago and boy has it been stressful! This year, we have had SO much homework. In addition I've tried a number of things that I've never done before. I began my first AP class. I tried out for musical theatre. I got permit. I did cross country conditioning and considered trying out for the team. All in the first 2 weeks of school! 

On the first day of school I come home from boring class after class of syllabuses.  I absolutely loved my teachers, classes, and the people in my classes. What is so bad about that do you ask? Exactly. There wasn't anything terrible but I wanted my way to the dot. I didn't like that I was overwhelmed by 3rd period. I didn't like that I didn't get to sit with my best friends in majority of my classes. I didn't like that when I got home I was trying to fill in for my mom since she was still at work. I especially didn't like that I broke down crying (cause I guess that's what emotional teenage girls do) because I would much rather be the all-together one in my family than the one that needed the comforting. Some of those things like trying to be my mom when I just needed to be me I could help. But God reminded me that day that He has it all under control. He has a reason that I wasn't sitting by friends all the time. He doesn't want me to be overwhelmed or to try to be everything for everybody. He just wants me to trust Him. In showing me this, He brought up a Bible verse that I had seen a number of times but that I really noticed that night. 

"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares The Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."  Jeremiah 29:11

Being the worrisome person that I am, I certainly didn't learn my lesson the first time. I will still have more stumbles than I can count, but I am reminded that all I need to do is trust God, even with the details.



     

3 comments:

  1. We do all have one of those days, it's human nature. Keep being strong girly <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go eliana! I'm sure you've never thought of me breaking down (especially in Africa! :) ) Love you bunches and bunches, my dear! Hugs from Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eliana! I just found your blog and I l.o.v.e it! :) I'm excited to read along and watch how God uses you for His glory! It was such a joy to serve with you in Costa Rica!

    ReplyDelete