Friday, August 17, 2012

Devotion: God-Pleasers

Here is one of my devotions that I recently read and really spoke to me. It is very hard but EXTREMELY important:

"God wants us to please Him first. It's not our job to make everyone happy.

There will be a lot of times when God's Word goes against what all of your friends are doing. Sometimes grown-ups and other people you trust might be going against God's Word too. How will you know? Ask God to help you know right from wrong and keep His Word in your heart. If you study God's Word everyday, you will know when other people are going against what the Bible says.

 If all your friends decide to cheat on a test at school, they won't be very happy if you tell them that it's wrong and you aren't going to do it. But that's okay! It's not your job to make everyone happy. It's much more important to make God happy than all of your friends. All you have to do is trust in God and do what's right. That's all that matters in the end!"

"Obviously, I am not trying to win the approval of people, but of God. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ's servant."
Galatians 1:10

No comments:

Post a Comment